Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quickie

Hey people! How the hell are ya?

I'm preeeetty good. Just got done jumping on the ol' trampoline and about to go take a shower. My sister is in town for a few more hours and we're going to grab some lunch somewhere delicious. I went out with Ashley and Craig last night to a fancy burger place in Decatur--Farm Burger. DUDE. I know some people are over the whole burger thing and it has gotten a little out of hand here in the A (and probably other places too, but...I live just in the one place, so I don't know for sure), but I am truly a burger connoisseur. Same thing with bacon, man. Bacon's this big internet thing and now it's coming to an end, but...I always loved bacon. I didn't just love it because it was all over the internet. But shit, who doesn't love bacon!? Which brings me back to Farm Burger. Their beef is grass-fed and they have insane toppings. I got mine with home-made pimento cheese and house-cured bacon, and well, I am now dead. I died of deliciousity overdose, and it was good. So good in fact, that I am thinking Georgia and I need to get back over there today. Ahhh look at me, reinforcing the stereotype that all fatties do is eat burgers all day. I should wear a button that says, "I already did my exercise today. Don't judge." Or if anyone asks, I have a twin, and SHE ate there last night.

I am off work today which on the one hand is nice, but on the other it is not-so-nice since Zach is out of town. I prefer my days off to coincide with his, but there is something to be said for a lazy solo Saturday too. Especially since my sister's here! She and Zach love each other too, but there's no substitute for one-on-one sister time.

I am getting suuuuper excited about my upcoming trip to Portland. I haven't been in about a decade. I am excited to go as a real live grown-up, though last time I went I thought I was grown up too. Back then I lived with Evan in our teeny-tiny attic apartment. I did have a job and possibly even a dog, but...man! I can't imagine 19-year-old Alison knew shit about anything. I cringe just thinking about the things I must have said or done last time I was there. Then again, some of you guys knew me back then and tolerated me too, so I guess I'm being hard on myself. I just really regret wasting so much time with Evan and it makes me embarrassed to think how much shit I put up with because I wanted to have a relationship. I mean, I did love him don't get me wrong, but I could have been way fucking smarter if I was thinking with my logical brain instead of my emotional one. And shit, even at nearly-30 I still don't know how to do that. I just hope my aunts and uncles and cousins like me and are proud of who I am now. We didn't really keep in touch while I was growing up, except when I came out there in the summers. I feel a bit resentful--why didn't they want to know what I was up to all year? If Georgia died, and left behind a child, you bet your ass I would be in touch with that child. But I guess everyone has their own drama and worrying about someone else's kid 3,000 miles away is just one more thing at the bottom of the To-Do list. Anyway, I'm nervous about seeing everyone. I hope they won't just think "Man, she's fat" and that they will add, "..but super funny!" on the end. That would be nice.

Alright snitches, I've gotta get in the shower. (I miss working at the Roadwhore sometimes--one of our cooks, Deon, would always say "Snitches get stitches" which I can only assume is some sort of jail-based saying and I love it to death)

No comments:

Post a Comment